About Scale-Up Con
Scale-Up Con is a growth-mindset focused evening for entrepreneurs wanting to take their strategy, execution and the rest of their business to the next level.
Learn from top founders as they share their knowledge on building better leadership, strategy, marketing, sales, operations, and finance.
2020 marked our very first Scale-Up Con as a virtual conference. The agenda and speakers made our conference a huge success:
- Our strategy section included Danie Nel, Yvonne Wakefield and Dana Pretorius
- The execution section with Wilhelm Walser, Leann Kujinga and Schalk Kearney
- Our people section with Jono Harris and Helene Smuts
- The finance section with Mike Scott, Lizanne Joubert, Uwais Asmal and Jacques le Grange
- And a bonus section with Setlogane Manchidi on the importance of scale-up companies in SA.
We had our second Scale-Up Conference in June 2021 while still facing the worldwide Covid-19. Peach Payments was our head sponsor and we had over 50 attendees.
We had awesome speakers and a jampacked agenda:
- Catherine Young on Notes on accelerating scale-up companies
- Ian Mann on Strategy for companies in 2021
- Mike Scott on Strategy in a mostly remote business world
- Dana Pretorius, Tim Moltino and Rose Elcock had a panel discussion on People Management Journey
- Uwais Asmal on Profit first methodology
- Louw Barnardt interviewed Lizanne Joubert about Generating industry leading growth, profitability and cash flow
- Louw Barnardt interviewed Nwabisa Mayema on Building an eco-system around your company
- Kobus Ehlers on Running like clockwork
- Rahul Jain representing our sponsors spoke about Changing engines at 40,000ft