About Scale-Up Con
Building a successful company is about much more than increasing revenue. When scaling, founders need to consider their strategy, team, processes, products, clients, environmental shifts, and so the list continues. In order to scale effectively, all these elements need to be thoughtfully and meticulously mapped out so that, when you hit that surging growth curve, you have a solid foundation.
Every business strategy is unique, but companies that successfully scale often follow many of the same best practices. Join Scale-Up Con to ensure your business is pointed in the right direction for building a winning scaling strategy. At the Scale-Up Con, we will be speaking to some of SA's top scale-up founders and advisors on how they're building profitable, scalable companies in today's market.
Scale Up Con 2023
Scale-Up Con 2023 was held in June. This year's event was co-hosted by OCFO and Woww. Scale-Up Con 2023 aimed to ensure businesses are pointed in the right direction for building a winning scaling strategy.
Photos coming soon.
Scale Up Con 2022
We had our third Scale-Up Conference in August 2022 and the first in-person conference since March 2022.
Co-hosted by OCFO, Benchmark International, and Sirdar, and included keynote speakers and panel discussions, bringing a diversity of experience and perspective to the stage.
Scale Up Con 2021
We had our second Scale-Up Conference in June 2021 while still facing the worldwide Covid-19. Peach Payments was our head sponsor and we had over 50 attendees.
We had awesome speakers and a jampacked agenda:
- Catherine Young on Notes on accelerating scale-up companies
- Ian Mann on Strategy for companies in 2021
- Mike Scott on Strategy in a mostly remote business world
- Dana Pretorius, Tim Moltino and Rose Elcock had a panel discussion on People Management Journey
- Uwais Asmal on Profit first methodology
- Louw Barnardt interviewed Lizanne Joubert about Generating industry leading growth, profitability and cash flow
- Louw Barnardt interviewed Nwabisa Mayema on Building an eco-system around your company
- Kobus Ehlers on Running like clockwork
- Rahul Jain representing our sponsors spoke about Changing engines at 40,000ft
Scale Up Con 2020
2020 has been some of the most turbulent waters ever faced by entrepreneurs. Applying scale-up methodology well is even more critical than ever before. We will be speaking to some of SA's top scale-up founders and advisors on how they're building profitable, scaling companies in a time such as this.